Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Will of Isaac Jones, Morgan Co., GA

"I, Isaac Jones of the above state and county, being weak in body.... ...I lend the whole of my estate real and personally ... unto my loving wife, Milly Jones, during her natural life or widowhood for the raising and educating of my children. And, at her death or marriage, my will and my desire is that the remainder of the estate real and personal, be divided equally my wife having married again, an equal part with my children or a childs part and or equal division to be made of all the profits arising therefrom between, Riley Jones, John Jones, Seburn Jones, Aaron Jones, Isaac Jones, Eleanor Jones, Rachel Jones and my wife, being pregnant and for her child to be an equal heir with the rest of my children, and lastly I appoint my beloved wife Milly Jones and James Shaddix in my whole and sole executrix and executors of this my last will and testament...wherefore I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 15th day of April, 1821. Signed Isaac (X) Jones, Testy Isaac Clayton, Aaron Jones, and John Shadix.


Names appearing in the Isaac Jones Will
My research notes:
James Shaddix Brother of John Shaddix. Both were neighbors of Isaac Jones as early as 1805 in Columbia Co., GA. By 1810 James "Chaddock" was living on Lot 219, in the 15th District of Morgan Co., GA. Lot 219 was a 202 1/2 acre lot which was subdivided into three smaller lots. The other two were owned by Thomas Clay[ton] and Nathan Jones. In 1819, the adjoining lot, #220, was purchased by Isaac Jones, and it is at this property that he likely died. Lot 219 bordered Indian Creek and the Little River. Thomas Clayton and Nathan Jones were also neighbors of the Shaddixes and Isaac Joneses on the Little River in Columbia Co., GA in 1805.
Isaac Clayton He is not fully identified, however, Robert Clayton, who was living in Columbia Co., GA in 1805, had a son named Isaac. The families of Robert Clayton and Thomas Clayton are believed to be connected.
Aaron Jones Aaron Jones, father of Frances Jones, and Zilla Ann Jones was living with Seaborn Jones (Isaac's son) in 1850 in Pike Co., GA. He was 69 years of age (i.e., born ca 1781). He is believed to be the brother of Isaac.
John Shaddix Brother of James and father of Isaac Shaddix who married Rhody Hurst. Isaac and Rhody are mentioned in the family Bible. John Shaddix married Nancy Clayton who is believed to have been a sister of Isaac's wife Milly and Robert Clayton.


No comments: